Posted Thu, Oct 24
About the Company
CAMP is a family experience store. Built to engage and inspire families, CAMP combines play and product throughout its stores to create enriching and fun experiences for all. Each CAMP location includes: a canteen (our general store), a café, an interactive space for play and shopping, and a theatre for activities and programming for kids and families of all ages.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Performer to join CAMP SoNo. You will report to the General Manager (GM) and be responsible for performance, entertainment and fun at our family retail experience.
Performative responsibilities include:
- Engaging families throughout CAMP’s play experience with storytelling and active play
- Demoing toys we offer with whimsical spirit and playfulness
- Creating unique experiences for our campers through improv, theater, comedy, magic, music, dance and/or more
- Making it your mission to spread joy, play and imagination among our campers
At times you may also support store retail activities including:
- Managing the cash wrap and POS experience
- Operating the gift wrapping station
- Managing the stroller and coat check area
- Serving food and beverages at the canteen
What is required?
- Improv, theater, comedy, magic, music, dance or some related performance background. Any hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience.
- Some work experience in any of the following areas: retail, child care, child development/ education, performing arts
- Excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement around engaging with children and families creatively.